Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year, New Start

Though we eat fairly well already, I have made several food based resolutions for our family. A friend of mine makes the number of resolutions that the year is turning so inspired by her here are ten goals for 2010:

1: Log our meals and recipes on this blog so I can remember what works and what doesn't
2: Stick to our budget as much as possible
3: Look into joining a CSA
4: As much as we can and stay sane, eliminate artificial food dyes from our diet.
5: For me, stop drinking cokes unless they are made with cane sugar (this is my biggest vice!)
6: When we buy a house look into buying a quarter or half a cow from a local organic farm
7: Make more vegetarian meals, at least once a week
8: For snack time start making more things instead of always giving the girls packaged snacks or fruit
9: Learn how to cook more ethnic foods so we can eat out less and eat some of the foods we love but can't get here
10: At home, only eat humanely raised meat and only wild caught fish

At the beginning of the month I plan to check in on each and see how I am doing.

1 comment:

  1. You could buy one of my aunt's cows in Oklahoma! She is about to send them off to be butchered.

    ReplyDelete